Genealogy from Abraham to Levi – The Twelve Tribes.
Genesis 25.12 – 50.26
Israel’s twelve tribes are: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Gad, Asher, Joseph, Benjamin, Dan and Naphtali.
If we consider the year Adam was created as YEAR 0, we can then determine these interesting facts according to The Old Testament – The Holy Bible:
- Abraham was born in YEAR 1948, 292 years after The Great Flood;
- Abraham departed from Haran to Canaan when he was 75 years old. 10 years later, Sarah’s egyptian slave girl (Hagar) bore his son Ishmael;
- At 99 years old, Abraham was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin. Ishmael was 13 years old;
- When Abraham was 100 years old, Sarah bore his son Isaac;
- Isaac married Rebekah when he was 40 years old. 20 years later, Rebekah bore his twin sons Esau and Jacob;
- Jacob wrestled God and was re-named Israel;
- Tamar bore Judah his twin sons Perez and Zerah. She was the widow of his sons Er and Onan;
- Israel loved Joseph more than his other sons therefore Joseph was hated by his brothers;
- When Joseph was 17 years old, he dreamed of greatness and when he told his brothers, they hated him even more and were jealous of him;
- Joseph’s brothers conspired to kill him but Reuben delivered him out of their hands. They sold him to the Ishmaelites for twenty pieces of silver;
- The Ishmaelites took Joseph to Egypt and sold him to Potimhar, the captain of the guard;
- Joseph’s bothers told Israel that a wild animal had devoured Joseph;
- When Joseph was 30 years old, Pharaoh gave him authority over all the land of Egypt as the Lord was with him;
- Pharaoh also gave Joseph the name Zaphenath-Paneah;
- During the seven years of abundance, Joseph stored so much grain in every city that it was beyond mesure;
- Once the seven years of famine began, Joseph’s brothers went down to Egypt to buy grain as the famine had reached the land of Canaan;
- After Judah pleaded for Benjamin’s release, Joseph revealed himself to his brothers;
- During the 7 years of famine Israel left Canaan for Goshen in the land of Rameses. He was 130 years old;
- Joseph lived for 110 years and died in Egypt.