A ten-minute daily meditation practice is essential for maintaining a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual balance.
We should always begin and end a meditation practice with three deep breaths, and with the total awareness of our physical body; starting at our head and ending at our feet. We should also clearly state our intention before beginning a meditation practice.
Meditation Techniques: Crystals
Crystal Cleansing and Dedication
Crystals have powerful energies that can assist us on a daily basis, but an effective crystal cleansing and dedication technique is essential:
- Cleansing and Charging Crystals;
- Deprogramming Crystals;
- Dedicating Crystals.
Our left palm, having the receptive female qualities of the moon, water, and earth, acts as the input; it allows our physical body to receive spiritual energies. Our right palm, having the projective masculine qualities of the sun, fire, and air, acts as the output; it allows our physical body to release spiritual energies.
If we desire to cleanse, protect, or heal our physical body, we should hold the crystal with our left hand. To cleanse, protect, or heal all of our bodies (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual), we should hold a crystal on each hand. Finally, if we desire to direct spiritual energy into the physical realm, we should hold the crystal with our right hand.
- A pair of Boji Stones (one on each hand) will align our Chakras, align our bodies (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual), and anchor us in the present reality;
- Fire Agate will bring bring security and safety, and ground our spiritual body;
- Goldsheen Obsidian will release our EGO involvement and protect us from all negative energies, negative entities, and negative attacks;
- Pharaoh cylinders will restore the harmony of our body and of our soul (the YIN Shungite cylinder should be held on the left hand, and the YANG Steatite cylinder on the right hand);
- A Smoky Quartz and Hematite on each hand will dissolve all our stress and harmonize our bodies (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual);
- Snowflake Obsidian will dissolve our stress and balance our bodies (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual);
- Sunstone will bring a profound connection to the regenerative power of the sun, and instill “joie de vivre”.
Crystals can also be worn during a meditation practice:
- An Apophyllite Pyramid over our Ajna Chakra will open our third eye, enhance our spiritual vision, and stimulate our intuition;
- An Aquamarine pendant will shield our Aura, align our Chakras, align our bodies (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual), and sharpen our intuition;
- Azurite and Malachite over our Ajna Chakra will unlock our spiritual vision;
- Blue Kyanite over our Sacral Chakra will dispel blockages, illusions, anger, frustrations, and stress;
- Celestite over our Ajna Chakra will stimulate clairvoyant communication;
- Chrysoprase over our temples will release our EGO involvement and induce a deep meditative state;
- Garnet over our earlobes will generate healing frequencies which energize and regenerate our bodies (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual);
- A Kunzite pendant will shield our Aura and dispel any attached entities or mental influences;
- Labradorite over our Ajna Chakra will make conscious our unconscious, and stimulate our intuition and psychic gifts;
- Lapis Lazuli over our Ajna Chakra will open our third eye and stimulate Enlightenment;
- Moonstone over our Ajna Chakra will make conscious our unconscious;
- Muscovite over our Ajna Chakra will open our intuition and psychic vision, and connect us to Angelic Guidance;
- Petalite over our Sahasrara Chakra will connect us to Angelic Guidance and to Cosmic Consciousness;
- A Seraphinite pendant will connect us to Angelic Guidance.
Crystals can also be placed around your personal meditation space:
- Black Tourmaline (Schorl) will protect us from all negative energies, negative entities, and negative attacks;
- Celestite will fill the environment with Divine Light and Love.
- Selenite will detach any entities from the Aura, prevent anything external from influencing our mind, fill the environment with Divine Light and Love, and bring higher guidance;
Crystal Gazing and Scrying
Crystals, crystal spheres, and seer stones can also be used to look into the past, the present, the future, and into other worlds:
- Goldsheen Obsidian will take us into the past, into the future, and deep into the core of a problem;
- Labradorite will take us into other worlds, other lives, and deep into our unconscious;
- Muscovite will take us to the highest spiritual realms;
- Smoky Quartz will bring clear insight.
Other crystals used for scrying: Clear Quartz, Beryl, and Selenite.
Crystals and Chakras
Crystals can also be placed over each Chakra for a ten-minute healing session:
- Earth (brown): Feet – Remaining energized and anchored in this physical realm – Boji Stone, Fire Agate, Hematite, Smoky Quartz, Tourmaline;
- Base / Root / Muladhara (red): Base of the spine – Basic needs for survival, grounding, security – Black Tourmaline, Bloodstone, Fire Agate, Garnet, Smoky Quartz;
- Sacral / Svadhisthana (orange): 2” below the navel – Emotions, feelings, creativity – Blue Kyanite, Citrine, Orange Calcite, Que Sera;
- Solar Plexus / Manipura (yellow): 3” above the navel – Will power, confidence, independence – Citrine, Malachite, Tiger’s Eye;
- Heart / Anahata (green): Heart – Love, compassion, forgiveness – Aventurine, Chrysocolla, Kunzite, Morganite, Muscovite, Rose Quartz, Variscite;
- Throat / Vishuddha (blue): Adam’s apple – Self-expression, communication – Amber, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Blue Lace Agate, Kunzite, Lepidolite, Tourmaline, Turquoise;
- Third Eye / Ajna (indigo): Between the eyes above the brow line – Insight, intuition, psychic abilities – Apophyllite, Aquamarine, Azurite, Herkimer Diamond, Lolite, Kunzite, Lapis Lazuli, Lepidolite, Malachite with Azurite, Moldavite, Purple Fluorite;
- Crown / Sahasrara (white and purple): Crown of the head – Connection with the Divine, higher consciousness, wisdom – Lepidolite, Moldavite, Quartz, Petalite, Selenite.
It is preferable to meditate first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, facing east; the rising sun will fill us with Divine energy. If we choose to sit on the floor or on a chair, we are facing east, but if we choose to lie on our back, our head should be pointing east. Every meditation practice should also be adapted to our personal level of comfort.
Incense will enhance our focus and our meditation experience. Sandalwood is one of the most calming incense and therefore is one of the preferred ones for meditation. It calms the mind, enhances mental clarity, and aids in the opening of the Third Eye.
*Please note, I am not a doctor and I cannot provide medical advice. None of the information I share should be used as a replacement for seeking medical attention.